Keep your passengers moving and airport operating smoothly
With over 80% of check-ins now taking place away from traditional dedicated airport workstations, common-use systems are dominating the way people travel. Whether it's on-site common-use kiosks, through dedicated hotel systems, at rental car agencies, convention centers, on cruise ships or even over the Internet - travelers are enjoying more self-serve options - and Rockwell Collins delivers a baggage solution just as convenient whatever your individual needs
ARINC SelfDrop is our 1 & 2 Step Self Bag Drop solution providing check-in, bag-drop, security, and boarding services. We offer both Dedicated and Common Use solutions delivering true, next-generation bag drop technology to airlines wishing to save costs and maximise revenue.
ARINC SelfDrop is our fast and simple self service bag drop solution transforming airport terminals worldwide, typical times are:
10 seconds for tagged bags
25 seconds for untagged bags
Customers receive simple and fast bag drop without the queues associated with manual operations. Airlines enjoy the benefits of self-service including increased revenue and reduced operational costs. Airports can capitalise on terminal efficiency, processing more passengers and releasing valuable real estate for other purposes.
|Click here to see how quickly Rockwell Collins ARINC SelfDrop is changing the
way airports, airlines and passengers travel.
Benefits for Airports
Rockwell Collins understands the importance of enhancing passenger experience, improving effciencies and increasing capacity without having to increase terminal space with associated build costs, ARINC SelfBag allows you to:
Achieve improved ROI - Maximise the return from your terminal equipment.
Maximise terminal throughput and efficiency - Fast transaction speeds for tagged and untagged bags
Improve passenger experience and retail revenue - Reduce queues and increase airside dwell time
Reduce complexity and IT infrastructure - Replace legacy in-house IT with high-availability cloud technology
Rockwell Collins is working with airports to drive change by providing a solid business case for airports is at the heart of driving change. For this reason we have developed an Airport Programme which provides airports with a +165% ROI.
|Click here to read our case study and see how
we worked with daa and developed a
programme to reduce check-in time by 60%
|Self Bag Drop at Dublin International Airport|
Benefits for Airlines
Rockwell Collins understands the importance of capturing 100% of ancillary revenue at the airport, as well as sell tickets and upgrades, ARINC SelfBag allows you to:
- Improve passenger experience - Reduce queues with an intuative and simple self tagging process
- Control operational access, management and control is centralised to allow instant reporting and rule or price changes to be deployed across the network from operational HQ.
- Maintain and increase ancillary revenues in support of each airlines' commercial charging models
- Empower qualified passengers complete the entire process unassisted, at faster speeds than via a conventional desk.
How it works
The airline systems are connected to the cloud using a direct internet connection or a Virtual Private Network (VPN). We access the required information and functionality using the system’s Application Programing Interface (API) or Web/CUSS/Kiosk service. Many of the worlds leading reservation systems and departure control systems are already connected to our cloud with new systems added on-demand.
The airport appliances (self-service equipment) seamlessly integrate with existing airport infrastructure (conveyor belts and weigh scales) and connects to our cloud using a basic internet connection (wired, wireless or 3G/4G) providing the appliance with access to the airline systems.
- Simple plug-n-play re-fit or retro-fit appliances (just power and internet required)
- Seamless support for one-step and two-step Bag Drop operations
- Enables PCI compliance
- Passenger verification for fully-unattended Bag Drop
- Bag tag verification to stop untagged and incorrectly tagged bags from injection
- Supports physical (printed) and digital (mobile, near field) boarding passes and bag tags
- Support for all flights, point-to-point, code-share, consolidated and interline flightsUnique common-use excess baggage payments with revenue direct to customers account
- TouchTag quick and easy self-adhesive bag tags
- Universal Bag Drop (without switching application) with dynamic branding
ARINC ExpressDrop is easily incorporated into common-use systems, kiosks and remote check-ins such as multi-user system environment (MUSE). It can be installed at a regular workstation or as an independent bag drop location for kiosk and Internet users - saving travelers even more time prior to boarding.
ARINC ExpressDrop is more efficient for agents too, giving them a common language to check baggage from passengers on multiple airlines. They simply navigate the universal interface and print out the bag tags - even incorporating the latest radio frequency identification (RFID) tags to further maximise passenger processing.
Suitable for both large and small airports, low cost, charter, regional and full service airlines, featuring automated scaling of storage, server and execution environments based on demand – with the scalability and flexibility to respond to your airports' changing needs today and into the future.
Perfect to keep your passengers moving and your airport operating smoothly, ARINC ExpressDrop is the ideal baggage solution to increase customer demand for the convenience of common-use services, kiosks and remote check-in.
|ARINC Airports ExpressDrop datasheet|